Monday, April 30, 2012

More Cosplay From Bronwen Robbins of Delirium's Edge Designs

The fashion onslaught continues! Now I'd like to take a moment to present more work from Bronwen Robbins, who (if you've been following my blog) has been a large source of my photographic work in this category for the last few months. Without her influence and love of cosplay I may never have jumped into the idea of documenting this type of work, or fashion in general for that matter. So thank you Bronwen, who by the way also has a great new website promoting her amazing work.

http://deliriumsedgedesigns.weebly.com/index.html

I highly suggest contacting her with costume ideas if your into this kind of thing and want an amazing replica of your favourite character's wardrobe. Now on to the photos. For the sake of the models I won't be posting their names at this time just in case.

"13th Fairy" based on Disney's Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty















"Tangled Princess" based on Disney's Rapunzel from Tangled 












"Acidic Rocker" based on Pizzazz from Jem and the Holograms 
















"Girl from Colorado" based on Wendy Testaburger from South Park







And finally, you might remember this character from about a month ago for a location shoot:

"Snow Princess" based on Snow Princess Hayane from Shining Hearts 












I'm extremely happy with the outcome to say the least, it was incredibly fun and everything turned out wonderful. The idea was to document as well as play the characters a little. My weakest point as a photographer right now is posing, but I think I'm starting to get a little more insight on how to do it just by letting people be themselves in the shots. At the end of the day, it's best to just have fun while your doing it and never discount ideas from the model or designer, in fact it's key to understand what the client wants above your own ideas first. My biggest kick on a personal level was getting to use gelled lighting to help define the character and using my smoke machine beyond my steampunk work. That's all for this update, bravo to the models and a big bravo to Bronwen too.

-Larry M. Holder 







No comments:

Post a Comment